QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER
1. What does it say that the apostles and brethren
in Judea heard in reference to the Gentiles?
2. What accusation did the Jewish brethren bring against
the apostle Peter?
3. How did Peter convince them he had done the right
4. How many Jewish brethren from Joppa had accompanied
Peter to Caesarea and now were with him in Jerusalem?
5. The angel had told Cornelius that Peter would "tell
thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be _____________ ."
6. Peter said, "And as I ___________ to speak, the
Holy Ghost [Spirit] fell on them, as on us at the ____________________
7. When Peter said that he could not "withstand God"
in reference to the household of Cornelius, (1) What does he mean by "withstand
God"? (2) Why could he not "withstand God" in this matter?
8. "When they heard these things, they held their
peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the ________________
granted ___________________________________ ."
9. Where were the men from who had success preaching
unto Gentiles (Grecians) in Antioch?
10. When the church at Jerusalem heard about this,
who did they send to help these new Gentile converts and to evangelize?
11. "Who, when he came, and had seen the _____________
of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with _____________________________
they would _______________________________ ."
12. How, or with what words, is Barnabas described?
13. At this time why does Barnabas go to Tarsus?
14. How long did they assemble with the church at
15. What were the disciples first called in Antioch
(and how many times is this word found in the New Testament)?
16. What were the three largest cities in the Roman
Empire, and where does Antioch of Syria fit in among them?
17. When prophets came up from Jerusalem to Antioch,
what was the name of the one who stood up and foretold of the famine that
was to come (and what is the two-fold work of a prophet)?
18. This famine came to pass in the days of what Caesar?
19. "Then the disciples, ___________ man according
to his ________________ , determined to send relief unto the ________________
which dwelt in Judea."
20. "Which also they did, and sent it to the _______________
by the hands of Barnabas and Saul."
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________
ANSWERS: 1. Acts 11:1; 2. Acts 11:2,3; 3.
Acts 11:4; 4. Acts 11:12; 5. Acts 11:14; 6. Acts
11:15; 7. (1) To baptize and accept these people; (2) Because of
what God had demonstrated with the household of Cornelius; 8. Acts
11:18; 9. Acts 11:20; 10. Acts 11:22; 11. Acts 11:23;
12. Acts 11:24; 13. Acts 11:25; 14. Acts 11:26; 15.
Acts 11:26--Christians (three, Acts 11:26; 26:28; I Peter 4:16);
16. Rome, Alexandria, and Antioch (third); 17. Acts 11:28
(to foretell and to forthtell by Divine inspiration); 18. Claudius
Caesar; 19. Acts 11:29; 20. Acts 11:30