QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 12:
1. Who was the first apostle to be put to death, and
who was the last one to die?
was this first apostle to die put to death and by whom?
did Herod have Peter apprehended at this time, intending to have him executed
after the Passover?
4. In all, how many soldiers were assigned to guard
Peter (with what arrangements)?
5. "Peter therefore was kept in prison: BUT ______________
was made without _________________ of the church for him."
6. When the angel of the Lord came to rescue Peter,
how did he find him (his situation)?
7. At first Peter thought that all that was happening
to him was what?
8. When did the angel of the Lord leave Peter?
9. When Peter considered everything, where did he
decide to go?
10. When Peter knocked on the door of the gate, who
came to answer and immediately recognized him?
11. Since they were slow to believe that Peter was
at the door, what do we conclude about the nature of their prayer for Peter?
12. Who did Peter tell them to go and tell about his
release from prison?
13. What happened to the soldiers who had been assigned
to guard Peter?
14. At this time Herod left Jerusalem and went where
15. Herod was highly displeased (at the point of war)
with what people?
16. Why did these people especially want to make peace
17. When Herod made a speech, arrayed in his royal
apparel, what did the people cry out?
18. How does the angel of the Lord enter the picture
again in this chapter?
19. "BUT the word of God ___________ and ________________
20. Who accompanied Barnabas and Saul when they returned
(to Antioch) from taking the offering to Jerusalem?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________
ANSWERS: 1. James, the first (Acts 12:2) and John,
the last; 2. With the sword; 3. Acts 12:3; 4. Four
groups of four (four for each watch in the night)--Acts 12:4; 5. Acts
12:5; 6. Acts 12:6,7; 7. Acts 12:9; 8. Acts 12:10;
9. Acts 12:12; 10. Acts 12:13; 11. Evidently not for
deliverance--perhaps for strength to endure; 12. Acts 12:17; 13.
Acts 12:18,19; 14. Acts 12:19; 15. Acts 12:20; 16.
Acts 12:20; 17. Acts 12:22; 18. Acts 12:23; 19. Acts
12:24; 20. Acts 12:25