1. In Iconium "a great multitude both of the ___________ and also of the _______________ believed."
2. "But the multitude of the city was divided: and part held with the ___________ and part with the _________________ ."
3. (1) What does the word "apostle" literally mean, and (2) what seems to be in mind when Paul and Barnabas are jointly called apostles here?
4. When Paul and Barnabas were forced to leave Iconium, what were the next two cities visited?
5. In these two cities now visited, as in Antioch and Iconium, it seems they found a ready-made audiences in the synagogues of the Jews. (1) True; (2) False.
6. What two men from this area later became important workers and helpers with the apostle Paul?
7. What miracle was performed by Paul in Lystra that was similar to one done by Peter in the third chapter of Acts?
8. The heathen people reacted to this miracle saying that Paul and Barnabas were "gods"¾ what did they call Paul, and what did they call Barnabas?
9. How were they going to honor Paul and Barnabas as "gods"?
10. How did Paul and Barnabas react to such an "honor," and what were some of the things said as they tried to restrain the people?
11. Where were the Jews from who turned the people of Lystra against Paul and Barnabas?
12. In the city of Derbe Paul was stoned and left for dead. (1) True; (2) False.
13. "¼They returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, ___________________ the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much ___________________ enter into the kingdom of God."
14. In what epistle does Paul briefly call to remembrance the things that happened here?
15. "And when they had ordained them ______________ in every ______________ , and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed."
16. What does the word "ordain" mean in the original language of the N.T., and what seems to be involved?
17. Of the following words, underline the ones that specifically have reference to the elder.
18. When Paul and Barnabas left to return to Antioch of Syria from where they had been initially sent, they sailed from¾ (1) Perga; (2) Attalia; (3) Paphos.
19. What is impressive about what Paul and Barnabas told the church about the work that had been done?
20. Paul and Barnabas are immediately sent out on another preaching tour. (1) True; (2) False.
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________