1. What word, having reference to Christians, is fittingly found more times in this chapter than anywhere else in the New Testament (and how many times is it found)?
2. What are these teachers called who taught that Christians had to be circumcised and keep the law of Moses before they could be saved?
3. As Paul and Barnabas (and others) went to Jerusalem to settle this question of circumcision, what is the full significance of their "being brought on their way by the church"?
4. What kind of response did they get from the churches along the way when they visited them "declaring the conversion of the Gentiles"?
5. Those who were teaching that Gentiles had to be circumcised were converts from what Jewish sect?
6. Who is the first spokesman named who tells how God had first used him in the conversion of the Gentiles?
7. This man concluded by saying they shouldn’t tempt God by putting a yoke (the Law) on the Gentiles, and then said, "But we believe that through the ____________ of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be ______________ , even as they."
8. What was the immediate response of the people to what this man said and then to what Barnabas and Paul said as they told about working among the Gentiles?
9. Who seems to be the final spokesman who presided over this gathering?
10. What is the immediate context of the words, "Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world"?
11. What is the earliest recorded epistle found in the New Testament?
12. What prohibitive things are listed in what was written to the Gentiles?
13. What misleading things in reference to the church in Jerusalem does it seem the Judaizers were teaching, which the church disavows?
14. What two men were sent to accompany Paul and Barnabas with the letter?
15. What does it mean when it says that these two men with Paul and Barnabas were "prophets also"?
16. According to Galatians chapter 2, what happened sometime later in this time frame when Peter came up to Antioch?
17. What problem arose when Paul and Barnabas decided to go visit the new Gentile churches again?
18. What does it say as to why Paul thought John Mark shouldn’t go with them?
19. Although Barnabas was a good man, and described by Luke as such (Acts 11:24), what are two recorded shortcomings on his part?
20. Who accompanied Paul as he went to visit the Gentile churches, and who accompanied Barnabas (and where did they go)?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________