1. About Timothy:
(2) What is the meaning of the name "Timothy"?
(3) What was the name of his mother and grandmother?
(4) What do we know about Timothyís father?
(5) Why do we believe that Timothy was a convert of Paul?
(6) What did the brethren at Lystra and Iconium think of Timothy?
(7) In the light of I Timothy, what seems to have also taken place in connection with Paul having Timothy "to go forth with him" to preach?
(8) In II Timothy, what kind of work does Paul admonish Timothy to do in fulfilling his ministry?
3. With the presentation of the epistle about Gentiles and circumcision from the apostles and elders in Jerusalem, we read, "And so were the churches _________________ in the faith, and ______________ in number ____________ ."
4. Why didnít they preach the Word in the province of Asia or go into Bithynia at this time?
5. What is the significance of the passages (16:10ff) were the "we" and "us" expressions began to appear?
6. Total, how many men constitute Paulís company now, and what are their names?
7. Where was Paul when he had the vision of a man of Macedonia who said, "Come over into Macedonia, and help us?"
8. How long did it take them to sail from Troas to Neapolis (seaport of Philippi), and a few years later how long did it take them to sail back from Philippi to Troas?
9. What is meant by Philippi being called a "colony"?
10. Their first recorded opportunity of preaching the gospel in Philippi took place where and when?
11. What is the name of their first convert in Macedonia (and thus Europe)?
12. After being baptized, what did this person insist that Paul and his company do?
13. What is the significance of the slave girl having a "spirit of divination" (literally and spiritually)?
14. Why were Paul and Silas beaten and cast into prison?
15. Why was the Philippian jailor about to take his own life?
16. To the pagan jailorís question about being saved, they answered, "_______________ on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
17. "And they spake unto him the ____________ of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he [the jailor] took them the same ___________ of the night, and _______________ their stripes; and was ________________ , he and all his, _____________________ ."
18. "And when he had brought them into his house, he set __________ before them, and _____________ , _________________ in God with all his house."
19. What did the city officials find out about Paul and Silas the next day that filled them with fear?
20. "And they went out of the prison, and entered into the house of ___________ " and when they had seen the ______________ , they __________________ them, and departed."
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________