1. What did Paul and Silas find in Thessalonica which they had not found in Philippi?
2. What seems to have been the hardest part for the Jews to accept in coming to faith that Jesus was the promised Messiah (the Christ)?
3. In Thessalonica the unbelieving Jews, after gathering a mob, assaulted whose house trying to find Paul and Silas?
4. What were they crying out and saying about Paul and Silas?
5. What was this brother and the others required to do before the city officials released them?
6. Of those in Berea, it says, "These were more ______________ than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and __________________ the Scriptures _____________ , whether those things were so."
7. What prompted the sudden departure of Paul from Berea?
8. How far did some of the brethren accompany Paul?
9. When Paul came to Athens, why was his spirit stirred within him?
10. Philosophers from what two schools of thought encountered Paul, disparagingly wanting to know more about what he taught (and briefly, what was the nature of their beliefs)?
11. Where did they take him to give audience to what he had to say?
12. To the ancient world, what was the city of Athens? (1) The commercial center; (2) The political center; (3) The intellectual center of learning.
13. What did Paul call their attention to as a point of contact to preach unto them the true God?
14. The "God that made the world and all things therein" doesnít dwell where?
15. What quotation does Paul give from one of the Greek poets (philosophers), applying it to what he had to say about God?
16. "And the times of this ____________________ God winked at [overlooked], but now commands all men every where to _____________ ."
17. According to the next thing that Paul says, why should all men repent?
18. How had God "given assurance unto all men" (by what specific happening)?
19. What three different reactions are recorded as to how the people responded to Paulís preaching on Marís Hill?
20. Of the few who believed in Athens, what two are named here and what is said about them?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________