1. When Paul questioned the "certain disciples" he found upon coming to Ephesus about having received the Holy Spirit when they believed, what did he probably have in mind? (1) The charismatic gift(s) of the Spirit given by apostolic hands; (2) The gift of the Spirit received in conversion; (3) Other: ________________________________________________
2. What did they say that made Paul question whether they had been baptized into Christ?
3. What is said in these verses that shows faith and baptism are inseparable in conversion?
4. After they were baptized, and the apostle Paul laid his hands upon them, what happened?
5. How long was Paul able to speak in the Jewish synagogue in Ephesus before he was no longer welcome?
6. What place after this was he able to use on a daily basis for presenting his message?
7. How long did he do this here, and how extensively was the Word of the Lord heard during this time?
8. Elsewhere, how long does it say that Paul stayed in Ephesus?
9. What special miracles were wrought by God through Paul at this time?
10. What did the Jew Sceva with his "seven sons" attempt to do that "backfired" on them?
11. "So mightily ___________ the Word of God and _________________ ."
12. About this time while in Ephesus, what epistle of the New Testament did the apostle Paul write?
13. After these things were ended, where did the apostle Paul purpose to go?
14. However, Paul stayed in Ephesus longer, but did send what two men on into Macedonia?
15. Besides all of the care of the churches, what was Paul especially preoccupied with among the Gentile churches at this time?
16. Why was Demetrius the silversmith so upset with the apostle Paul?
17. When the mob rushed into the theatre, who restrained Paul from going in?
18. What did the mob cry out for about two hours?
19. What did the "townclerk" recommend that Demetrius and his fellow craftsmen do if they had a matter against any man?
20. How is the Greek word that is translated "assembly" here (KJV, verses 32,39 and 41) elsewhere commonly rendered in the New Testament?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________