1. When Paul left Ephesus to go into Macedonia, what fellow-worker did he expect to meet him in Troas on the way (but did not "get up" with him until he came into Macedonia)?
2. What New Testament epistle seems to have been written from Macedonia at this time?
3. In particular, besides his work as a preacher, why does Paul spend three months in Greece (Corinth) at this time?
4. What two New Testament epistles seem to have been written from Corinth at this time?
5. From the epistles, how do we account for such a large number of men (20:4,5) accompanying Paul on this trip to Palestine?
6. Who now joins the company of Paul who was last heard of about five years before at Philippi?
7. Helping understand what time of the year it was, what does it say as to when they sailed from Philippi?
8. At Troas: "And upon the ___________ day of the week, when the disciples came together to __________ _____________ , Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.
9. Where was the church at Troas meeting, and what unusual thing happened during the services?
10. When did Paul want to be at Jerusalem?
11. Where did Paul have a stopover on this trip from where he had the elders of the church at Ephesus to come and be with him?
12. According to 20:20, what was the range of Paulís teaching among the Ephesians?
13. What was the Holy Spirit "witnessing" in every city as to what was awaiting Paul in Jerusalem?
14. Why could Paul make it a matter of public record that he was "pure from the blood of all men" in reference to the church at Ephesus?
15. Paul said to the elders: "Take heed therefore unto _________________ and to _____________________ , over the which the Holy Ghost [Spirit] hath made you _______________ , to feed the church of God, which he hath ________________ with his own blood."
16. Why had Paul for three years "ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears" in the church at Ephesus?
17. To what does Paul point the leaders of the church as an answer to this impending problem?
18. In trying to be an example to the Ephesians, in particular what does Paul say he showed them?
19. What words of Jesus does Paul here quote not found anywhere else in the New Testament?
20. What did Paul and the elders do when he had finished speaking to them?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________