1. When Paul began to make his "defense" from the steps of Antonioís fortress, why did the Jews keep the more silent as he spoke?
2. Paul identified himself by saying: "I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in _____________ , a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of ________________ , and taught according to the perfect manner of the __________ of the fathers, was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day."
3. Although Paul had severely persecuted the church, binding and delivering men and women into prison, he had not been responsible for the death of anyone. (1) True; (2) False
4. From whom did Paul have written authority to pursue and arrest Christians even unto distant cities as Damascus?
5. In reference to Christ appearing to Paul outside of the city of Damascus, what additional information does he give as to the time of day it happened?
6. As Paul fell to the ground under the intensity of the light, what did he hear a voice saying?
7. What is the difference in what Paul saw and heard and what those with him saw and heard in the appearance of Christ?
8. With what words does Paul describe Ananias, the man who came to tell him about Godís purpose for his life?
9. What seems to be the significance of Ananias calling Paul (Saul) "brother Saul" even before he was baptized?
10. Actually, in particular, why did Christ appear to Paul on the road to Damascus? (1) To save him; (2) To call him to be a preacher; (3) To call and to qualify him to be an apostle.
11. Ananias said to Saul (Paul): "And now why tarriest thou? Arise and be _______________ , and __________ _____________ thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord."
12. Where was Paul later when Christ appeared to him again, telling him to get out of Jerusalem for the Jews would not receive his testimony?
13. What is the meaning of the word martyr as Paul speaks of the "martyr Stephen"?
14. What were the final words that Paul said which prompted his Jewish audience to abruptly disrupt his speech?
15. What steps did the chief captain then take to "know wherefore they cried so against" Paul?
16. What question did Paul ask the centurion that brought this to a halt?
17. What were four ways in which people became Roman citizens?
18. What was the difference in the way the chief captain and Paul had become Roman citizens?
19. In reference to Paul, why was the chief captain afraid?
20. On the morrow how did he go about trying to find the certainty of what the accusations were against Paul?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________