1. What is the first thing that is mentioned that Paul did when he appeared before the council (Sanhedrin)?
2. Paul addressed the Jewish council, saying, "Men and brethren, I have lived in all good __________________ before God until this day."
3. When the high priest commanded that Paul be smitten in the mouth, what did Paul say?
4. What answer did Paul give as to why he spoke that way to the high priest?
5. What did Paul say as to why he was called in question that prompted the Pharisees to side with him?
6. What did the Sadducees not believe?
7. Why did the chief captain again have the soldiers take Paul into the castle (Antonioís fortress)?
8. As the Lord stood by Paul that night, what words of encouragement did he say to him?
9. What oath or curse did more than forty Jews put themselves under in reference to Paul?
10. What was their plan to get Paul out of the castle?
11. Who heard about this and got the word to Paul and the chief captain?
12. How many soldiers, horsemen, and spearmen accompanied Paul as he left Jerusalem to go to Caesarea?
13. What hour of the night did they leave?
14. What was the name of the chief captain spoken of in chapters 21, 22, and 23?
15. What one thing in this letter he wrote to the "governor" was not exactly the truth?
16. "Then the soldiers, as it was commanded them, took Paul, and brought him by night to __________________ ."
17. The next day the soldiers returned to the castle in Jerusalem, leaving who of their number to accompany Paul the rest of the way to Caesarea?
18. When Paul was presented to the "governor," what else was delivered to him?
19. What did the "governor" ask Paul, after which he said that he would hear Paulís case?
20. Where was Paul
kept in Caesarea?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________