1. What was the name of the island where they had shipwrecked?
2. In what sense is the word "barbarous" (or "Barbarian") used in the New Testament Scriptures?
3. How did the people of the island, and the chief man of the island (Publius), show kindness to the survivors of the shipwreck?
4. What opinion did the people have of Paul when a poisonous snake bit him as he placed the sticks he had gathered on the fire?
5. What were their thoughts of Paul when he shook off the snake into the fire and no harm came to him?
6. How did Paul use his power as an apostle in a beneficial way for the people while on the island?
7. How did the people on the island show their appreciation?
8. How long were they on the island before they were able to leave (which was how long ships normally "wintered" before moving on)?
9. Where was the ship from on which they left, what was it doing at the island, and what was its sign or figurehead?
10. Stopping at Syracuse (in Sicily), how long did they stay before moving on?
11. When they landed on the Italian mainland at Puteoli, who did they find that wanted them to tarry with them seven days?
12. Who came to meet them as far out as the Appii forum and the Three Taverns, which was an occasion of thanksgiving and encouragement to Paul?
13. Where was the first and where is the last "we" passage (implying the writer of the book of Acts is in their company) found in the book of Acts?
14. Upon arriving in Rome, what happened to the other prisoners and Paul?
15. After being in Rome three days, what did the apostle Paul do?
16. What did Paul tell the Jewish leaders in Rome why he was a prisoner?
17. In reference to Paul, what had they heard?
18. After they had appointed a day, and Paul expounded and testified to them about the kingdom and Jesus, what were their reactions?
19. What Scripture from the Old Testament does Paul quote to these Jews in warning them about hardness of heart as they left?
20. As the book of Acts ends, how long had Paul been in Rome as a prisoner, yet able to preach and teach "no man forbidding him"?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________