1. Why were the priests, captain of the temple, and the Sadducees "grieved" with Peter and John, arresting them and putting them in jail over night?
2. The number of believers came to about how many now, just counting the men?
3. The rulers, elders, and scribes combined together describe what body of men?
4. What is the explanation of Annas being called the high priest here whereas Caiaphas is called the high priest in John 18:13?
5. When Peter and John had their hearing, what question was put to them?
6. What Scripture does Peter quote from Psalms 118 and apply to Jesus (in your own words)?
7. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other _____________ under heaven given among men, whereby we must be ______________ ."
8. Who was standing beside Peter and John during their hearing?
9. Not being able to deny the miracle, what did the Sanhedrin decide to do with Peter and John?
10. "But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right __________________________________ to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye. For we cannot but speak the things we have ___________________________ ."
11. How old was the lame man from birth who had been healed?
12. What impression do we get of the church’s concept of God (two awesome attributes) from their prayer?
13. What seems to be the primary thing the church is praying about (or praying for)?
14. How did God let them know he had heard their prayer?
15. "And with great power gave the apostles ___________________ of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."
16. Many who had houses and lands sold them, the money was brought to the apostles, and the HOW was distribution made to every man?
17. What man is given as an illustration of the liberality of those who sold their houses and lands and gave?
18. What was Barnabas, and where was he from?
19. His name initially was Joses (short for Joseph),
but who changed it to Barnabas?