QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 5:
1. The way that Ananias and Sapphira gave is shown
in contrast with the giving of what man (in chapter 4)?
2. The sin of Ananias and Sapphira was that they failed
to give all like the apostles had commanded? (1) True; (2) False
3. Peter said that Ananias had not lied unto men but
4. How long was it before Sapphira came in and told
the same story to Peter?
5. Peter asked why she and her husband had agreed
together to do what (words he used)?
6. "And great fear came upon all...And by the hands
of the _____________ were many signs and wonders wrought among the people..."
7. "And ______________ were the more added to the
Lord, multitudes both of men and women."
8. What unusual thing did people do with their sick,
hoping they would be healed?
9. Who was responsible for the apostles being cast
into prison again?
10. What did the angel of the Lord tell the apostles
to do as he freed them that night?
11. When the apostles were apprehended again, why
did the captain and the officers refrain from using violence against them?
12. What complaint did the Sanhedrin (the Great Council)
make to the apostles which seems to be a contradiction to what was said
in Matthew 27:25?
13. "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and
said, We ought to obey _________ rather than __________ ."
14. What is the significance of the Greek word translated
15. "And we are his ________________ of these things;
and so is also the Holy Ghost [Spirit], whom God hath given to them that
16. When they took counsel to slay the apostles, what
prominent Jewish scholar advised the Sanhedrin to exercise caution in dealing
with the apostles?
17. What outstanding New Testament preacher do we
later learn about in the book of Acts that was "brought up at the feet"
of this scholar?
18. The Sanhedrin again threatened the apostles and
for the first time did what before they released them?
19. Why were the apostles rejoicing when they left
the presence of the Council?
20. "And daily in the ____________ , and in every
___________ , they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ."
NAME: _____________________________ DATE: ____________
ANSWERS: 1. Barnabas; 2. False (Acts 5:4);
3. Unto God (Acts 5:4); 4. About three hours (Acts 5:7);
5. To tempt the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:9); 6. Apostles (Acts
5:11,12); 7. Believers (Acts 5:14); 8. Acts 5:15; 9.
Acts 5:17,18; 10. Acts 5:19,20; 11. They feared the people
(Acts 5:26); 12. Acts 5:28; Matthew 27:25; 13. God, men (Acts
5:29); 14. Greek word peitharchen means to obey a ruler; 15.
Witness, obey (Acts 5:32); 16. Gamaliel (Acts 5:33-39); 17.
Paul (Acts 22:3); 18. They were beaten (Acts 5:40); 19. Acts
5:41; 20. Temple, house (Acts 5:42).