QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 6:
1. Why did a murmuring arise of the Grecian (foreign-born
Jewish) Christians against the Hebrew (native born Jewish) Christians at
2. When it say that "the twelve" called the multitude
together, what does this imply in reference to Matthias?
3. How many men did the apostles say should be selected
to "serve tables" (take care of the needs of the poor widows)?
4. These men were to be of what kind of report and
were to be full of what (two things they were to be full of)?
5. How were the people involved and how were the apostles
involved in the selection of the seven men to serve tables?
6. The apostles said, "But we will give ourselves
continually to ______________ and to the ministry of the ___________ ."
7. What do the names of all of those selected to serve
tables tell us about them?
8. Of the men chosen, which two of them are mentioned
again in the book of Acts?
9. One of the men chosen is called "Nicolas a proselyte
of Antioch"¾what would this indicate?
10. "Whom they set before the apostles: and when they
had ____________ , they laid their ____________ on them."
11. The laying on of the apostles' hands probably
served what two purposes?
12. "And the word of God ________________ ; and the
number of the disciples _________________ in Jerusalem greatly; and a great
company of the priests were __________________ to the faith."
13. We don't know whether these men were deacons or
not, but what does the word deacon mean?
14. What three ways is the Greek word deaconos translated
in the King James Version of the Bible?
15. Who is the first person mentioned in the early
church as doing "wonders and miracles" besides the apostles?
16. Men from what synagogue (of which Stephen may
have been a member before accepting Christ) disputed with Stephen?
17. "And they were unable to resist the ______________
and the _____________ by which" Stephen spoke?
18. Because they stirred up the people, Stephen was
finally seized and brought before whom?
19. What did the false witnesses say about Stephen?
20. "And all that sat in the council, looking steadfastly
on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an ____________ ."
NAME: ___________________________ DATE: ______________
ANSWERS: 1. Acts 6:1; 2. That Matthias was fully recognized
as an apostle like the rest---Acts 6:2; 1:26; 3. Acts 6:3; 4. Acts 6:3;
5. Acts 6:3,6; 6. Acts 6:4; 7. Having Grecian names, they were probably
selected from among the Grecian Jews; 8. Stephen and Philip; 9. That he
was a Gentile who had embraced the Jewish religion before becoming a Christian;
10. Acts 6:6; 11. (1) Set them aside to their work; (2) Imparted gifts
of the Holy Spirit; 12. Acts 6:7; 13. Servant; 14. Servant, minister, and
deacons; 15. Acts 6:8; 16. Acts 6:9; 17. Acts 6:10; 18. Acts 6:12; 19.
Acts 6:13,14; 20. Acts 6:15.