QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 8:
1. Who seems to be very active in the great persecution
of the church following the death of Stephen?
2. All of the church in Jerusalem were scattered abroad
3. According to Acts 8, where were they scattered
(and according to Acts 11:19, to what furtherest extent)?
4. "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went
everywhere _________________________________ ."
5. Who is the second person mentioned in the book
of Acts besides the apostles as performing miracles?
6. When the people in Samaria believed the preaching
of Philip, what did both men and women do?
7. Who also believed and was baptized who before had
deceived the Samaritans into thinking that he was some great power of God?
8. What did the apostles in Jerusalem do when they
heard that Samaria had received the Word of God?
9. What did Simon (formerly "the sorcerer") see that
prompted him to offer the apostles money?
10. After a sharp rebuke, Simon was told by the apostle
Peter, "____________ therefore of this thy wickedness, and __________ God,
if perhaps the _______________ of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
11. At this time Philip was called away from his successful
work in Samaria to go where?
12. What does the word "desert" basically mean (and
what latitude is found in its use in the Bible)?
13. Who was this man that Philip saw riding in a chariot,
where was he from, and where had he been?
14. What is the literal meaning, or significance,
of the word "Ethiopia"?
15. Candace, referring to the queen of Ethiopia, may
have been what kind of a name or designation?
16. What are two possible meanings, or uses, of the
17. From where was the Ethiopian reading the Scriptures
as he rode along (book and chapter)?
18. "Then Philip ______________ his mouth, and began
at the same Scripture and preached unto him ______________ ."
19. From the question that the Ethiopian asked Philip,
we conclude that preaching Jesus includes what?
20. In response to the eunuch's question, "See, here
is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?", Philip said: (1) I am not
an ordained preacher; I can't baptize you; (2) Thou must pray through first;
(3) We must get the church to vote on you first; (4) If thou believest
with all thine heart, thou mayest."
21. What was the nature of the confession that the
22. When they came up out of the waters of baptism,
what is said about Philip and what is said about the Ethiopian?
23. Philip was found at Azotus which was the same
as what O.T. place?
24. To what city did Philip finally come where he
seems to have made his home (for years later Paul and others visit him
25. Later in the book of Acts what does the writer
Luke call Philip (21:8)?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________
ANSWERS: 1. Acts 8:1; 2. Acts 8:1; 3. Acts 8:1; 11:19;
4. Acts 8:4; 5. Acts 8:5; 6. Acts 8:12; 7. Acts 8:13; 8. Acts 8:14; 9.
8:18,19; 10. 8:22; 11. Acts 8:26; 12. A deserted place-Mark 6:31,32,39;
13. 8:27,28; 14. Scorched or burnt face; 15. A title or name like Pharoah,
Ceasar, etc.; 16. Eunuch has reference to one sexually neutered, but it
came to refer to a governmental official; 17. Isaiah 53:7,8; 18. Acts 8:35;
19. Acts 8:35,36-Baptism; 20. (4) Acts 8:37; 21. Acts 8:37; 22. Acts 8:39,40;
23. Ashdod; 24. Acts 8:40; 21:8; 25. Philip the evangelist-Acts 21:8.