QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 9:
1. In what three chapters of the book of Acts do we
find accounts of the conversion of the apostle Paul?
2. In the persecution of the church, was the stoning
of Stephen the only death that Saul had anything to do with?
3. What was the nature of the letters Paul wanted
from the high priest to be presented to the synagogues in Damascus?
4. What is the expression "the way" used to describe
in the book of Acts?
5. What is the fuller significance of the prodding
question Christ asked, "Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?"
6. Why did the Lord appear to Saul on the road to
Damascus? (1) To stop the persecution; (2) To save him; (3) To call and
qualify him to be an apostle.
7. "And he [Saul] was _______________ days without
sight, and neither did eat or drink."
8. What was Saul doing during this time?
9. When the Lord spoke to Ananias about going to Saul,
in the process of Ananias' reply we have the first record of the followers
of Christ being called what?
10. Saul [Paul] later related how Ananias came to
him and said, "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be _______________
, and ___________________ thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts
11. What did Saul "straightway" begin to do after
12. According to Paul in Galatians (1:17,18) in reference
to this period of time in his life, where did he spend three years?
13. How did Paul escape from the city of Damascus
when the Jews sought to kill him and the gates of the city were guarded?
14. In Jerusalem when the disciples refused to receive
Paul as a brother, who believed he was a real Christian and brought him
to the apostles?
15. Who did Paul dispute with in the city of Jerusalem
who went about to kill him?
16. "Which when the brethren knew, they brought him
down to ________________ , and sent him forth to _______________ ."
17. "Then had the churches ___________ throughout
all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were _______________ ; and walking
in the ___________ of the Lord, and in the _______________ of the Holy
Ghost [Spirit] were _________________ ."
18. Peter visited Lydda-what was the Old Testament
name of this place?
19. How long had the paralytic Aeneas been bedfast
whom Peter healed through the power of Christ?
20. As a result of this man being healed, who does
it say turned to the Lord?
21.Dorcas was a woman "full of good works and almsdeeds"-what
does "almsdeeds" literally mean?
22. When Peter came and went to the upper chamber
where the body of Dorcas lay, what did all the widows do who were there?
23. What did Peter do before raising Dorcas from the
24. What did Peter do immediately after raising Dorcas
from the dead?
25. After this, Peter "tarried many days in Joppa"-whom
did he stay with here?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________
ANSWERS: 1. Acts 9, 22, and 26; 2. No, Acts 22:4;
26:10; 3. See Acts 9:2; 4. Christianity; 5. To persecute the followers
of Christ is to persecute Christ; the church is the spiritual body of Christ;
6. (3) To call and qualify him to be an apostle; 7. Acts 9:9; 8. See Acts
9:11 (and fasting); 9. Saints, Acts 9:13; 10. See Acts 22:16; 11. He preached
Christ, Acts 9:20; 12. In Arabia; 13. In a basket, Acts 9:25; 14. Barnabas,
Acts 9:26-28; 15. Grecian Jews, Acts 9:29; 16. Acts 9:30; 17. Acts 9:31;
18. Lod; 19. Acts 9:33; 20. See Acts 9:35; 21. Mercy-deeds; 22. Acts 9:39;
23. Acts 9:40; 24. Acts 9:41; 25. Simon a tanner, Acts 9:43.