I THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 3:
1. Where was Paul left alone when Timothy was sent back to Thessalonica?
2. When Paul had first come here (place above), to whom had he sent word to come to him "with all speed"?
3. In describing Timothy, what three things does Paul say about him?
4. Concerning their faith, why was Timothy sent to the Thessalonians?
5. What was Paul concerned about that Christians might be "moved by"?
6. What did Paul say the Thessalonians knew they were "appointed to," he had told them, and it had come to pass, as they knew?
7. Paul said in II Timothy 3:12, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall ____________ ____________________ ."
8. "For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know ____________ ______________ , lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in __________ ."
9. When Timothy came back from being with the Thessalonians, specifically what "good tidings" did Paul say he brought them?
10. From all indications, where was Paul when Timothy came back from Thessalonica (and who was with Timothy)?
11. "Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our afflictions and distress by ___________ _______________ ."
12. Paul said, "For now we live, if ________________________ ___________________________________ ."
13. As Paul expresses his joy in connection with the Thessalonians, what is said in III John, verse 4, that could well fit this situation?
14. Night and day what did Paul say that he was praying exceedingly about?
15. Paul said specifically to the Thessalonians that he wanted to "perfect that which is lacking in __________ ______________ ."
16. In the chapter before Paul said that Satan hindered him from coming to the Thessalonians (2:18), but in this chapter by what means does he anticipate that his way will be directed to them?
17. What did Paul want the Lord to make the Thessalonians to increase and abound in?
18. As the end result, in what way did Paul want the hearts of the Thessalonians established?
19. In particular, when did he want this to have been accomplished?
20. Who are said to be accompanying the Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________