I THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 4:
1. What had the Thessalonians received from Paul (and the other preachers) that he wanted them to abound more and more in?
2. "For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from _________________ ."
3. Specifically, when Paul speaks of everyone of them possessing "his vessel in sanctification and honour," what does he mean by "vessel"?
4. What glaring practice among the ancient Gentiles (or anyone) makes it plain that they "know not God"?
5. "For God hath not called us unto __________________ , but unto __________________ ."
6. If a person despises (or rejects) this teaching, whom does he really despise or reject?
7. What has God given the Christian that makes immorality incompatible in his life?
8. What did Paul say it was not needful for him to write unto them about because they were already taught of God about this?
9. Who had they already practiced this toward, but Paul wants them to "increase more and more" in this?
10. "And that ye study [aspire] to be ____________ , and to __________________________________ , and to ___________ with your own hands, as we commanded you."
11. What would be the end result of their doing this (#10)?
12. What did Paul especially want them to not "be ignorant" of?
13. "Sleep" is used here by Paul to depict what?
14. "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a ____________ , with the ____________ of the archangel, and with the ____________ of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first."
15. What does it mean when its says "the dead in Christ shall rise first"?
16. In reference to all Christians, what will happen right after "the dead in Christ" being raised?
17. Who will we meet in the air, and where will we ever be?
18. What did Jesus say in John 14:1-3 that shows the simple sequence of his second coming?
19. What seems to be the whole point of what Paul has to say about the second coming of Christ here (4:13-18)?
20. In view of these truths, Paul says, "Wherefore ____________ one another with these words."
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________