2. What does Paul say here about the things "written aforetime" (the Old Testament Scriptures) as to their value to Christians?
3. What does Paul say here as to why they should be likeminded one to another?
4. "Wherefore receive ye one another as __________________________________________________ to the glory of God."
5. Paul says that "Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God" to accomplish what (or to what end)—two things?
6. What is to be learned from the quotation of Psalms 18:49, "For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles and sing unto thy name," besides its application here?
7. Next to Psalms 110 and Psalms 22, what Psalm is quoted and referred to most in the New Testament Scriptures?
8. "Now the God of hope fill you with all __________ and ______________ in believing, that ye may abound in ____________ , though the power of the Holy Ghost [Spirit]."
9. What two things does Paul say that he is persuaded of the Roman readers whereby they would be able to admonish one another?
10. Why did Paul feel that he could "more boldly" (or plainly) write unto the Roman readers although he had never been to Rome?
11. What was the extent (or spand) of Paul’s work (the area covered as he says here) as an apostle to " make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed"?
12. As an apostle, what was Paul’s policy as to where he strived to preach the gospel?
13. Why had Paul not visited Rome before now, and why did he think the time was right for him to visit now?
14. When did Paul plan to come to Rome?
15. Why was he first going to Jerusalem?
16. Elsewhere we learn of churches in what other area, besides Macedonia and Achaia mentioned here, that participated in the contribution for the poor saints in Jerusalem?
17. Paul said, "For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things [the gospel]" coming from the church at Jerusalem, what was appropriate ("their duty") for the Gentiles now to do?
18. For what two things does Paul request that the Christians "strive together with" him in prayer?
19. The end result of this prayer being answered was, "That I may come unto you with joy by _______________ ___________________ , and may with you be refreshed."
20. Paul ends this section by saying, "Now the God of ____________ be with you all. Amen"—and in what other ways does he speak of God in this chapter by saying the "God of"? (1) "The God of _________________ and _______________________" ; (2) "The God of ____________ "