QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 1:
1. The book of Luke and the book of Acts were written
2. The book of Luke and the book of Acts were both
written to a man by the name of: (1) Tychicus; (2) Theophilus; (3) Timotheus.
3. The name Theophilus literally means "friend of
true religion." (1) True; (2) False.
4. Over a period of how many days did Jesus make appearances
to his disciples before his ascension?
5. This means that Jesus ascended to heaven on what
day of the week?
6. Who were commanded not to depart from Jerusalem,
but to wait for "the promise of the Father" (the special baptism of the
7. What verse is a good one to remember as sort of
a key verse to the entire book of Acts?
8. "But ye shall receive _______________ after that
the Holy Ghost [Spirit] is come upon you: and ye shall be ____________________
unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the
uttermost part of the earth."
9. How will Jesus return the second time from heaven?
(1) Secretly and unseen by the eyes of men;(2) Only in the person of the
Holy Spirit; (3) In the clouds as they had seen him go into heaven?
10. All of the original disciples (apostles), except
Judas, were from what part of Palestine?
11. Roughly speaking, how far was the mount of Olives
(Mt. Olivet), where Jesus ascended to heaven, from Jerusalem?
12. Besides the eleven disciples (apostles), who else
met with them when they were "with one accord in prayer and supplication"
in the upper room?
13. Who was the spokesman who stood up and made the
first move in getting Judas replaced as an apostle?
14. What finally happened to Judas after he hanged
15. What did the priests do with the thirty pieces
of silver Judas brought back?
16. What qualifications were laid down for the one
who would replace Judas as an apostle?
17. What group of men were the official eyewitnesses
of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead?
18. What two men were selected as possible replacements
19. It says that "Judas by transgression fell that
he might go to his own place"¾ in the
light of what he is called, what could this mean?
20. "And they gave forth their lots: and the lot fell
upon Matthias; and he was _______________ with the _____________________________
NAME: _____________________________ DATE: ____________
ANSWERS: 1. Luke (Luke 1:1-4; Acts 1:1); 2. (2)
Theophilus; 3. False, meaning friend or lover of God; 4.
40 days (Acts 1:3); 5. Thursday; 6. The apostles (Acts 1:2-5);
7. Acts 1:8; 8. Power, witness (Acts 1:8); 9. (3)
In the clouds as they had seen him go into heaven (Acts 1:9-11); 10.
Galilee (Acts 1:11); 11. A sabbath day's journey--almost
a mile (Acts 1:14); 12. Acts 1:14; 13. Peter (Acts 1:15-22);
14. Acts 1:18,19; 15. Bought the field in which to bury strangers
(Matthew 27:3-8; Acts 1:18,19); 16. Acts 1:21,22; 17. The
apostles (Acts 1:8,22); 18. Acts 1:23; 19. He was called
"son of perdition" (John 17:12)--This means destruction, damnation; the
opposite of heaven; 20. Matthias, eleven apostles (Acts 1:26).