RANDOM QUESTIONS OVER THE BIBLE
1. How old was the first man
Adam when he died?
2. What man had a name that
meant exalted father (later changed to a name meaning father of a great
multitude) but was childless until he was about 100 years old as far as
a promised son was concerned?
3. What man with a name meaning
rascal (supplanter) had it changed to "prince of God"?
4. How many Canaanite nations
did God cast out before Israel in the Promised Land (and what were their
5. What two women in the book
of Proverbs are pictured as standing on the street corner and calling to
those who pass by?
6. What O.T. prophet had a scribe
by the name of Baruch who wrote what the prophet said in a book?
7. What O.T. prophet asked the
question, "Will a man rob God?" then answered by saying they had robbed
God in withholding their tithes and offerings?
8. What are two occasions mentioned
when angels ministered to Jesus?
9. What are two times it says
that Jesus marvelled?
10. What two miracles of Jesus
were of a destructive nature?
11. How many times is Nicodemus
mentioned in the N.T. Scriptures (and in what connections)?
12. Where is the only record
of Jesus ever writing anything found in the Bible?
13. What two books in the New
Testament were written to a man by the name of Theophilus?
14. Under what circumstances
was the apostle Paul first called "Paul" instead of "Saul" in the New Testament?
15. As far as the record goes,
what was the only miracle wrought by an apostle that brought injury to
the person of another?
16. What are the last spoken
words of the apostle Peter in the New Testament?
17. What two men who lived before
New Testament times are used as illustrations of justification by faith
by the apostle Paul in the book of Romans?
18. In which epistles of Paul
is the apostle Peter mentioned (and where)?
19. In one of the apostle Peter's
epistles, what does he have to say about Paul's writings?
20. What N.T. writer (and in
what epistle) repeatedly speaks of the certainty of things Christians can
Answers to the Above Questions:
1. Genesis 5:5; 2. Abraham--Genesis
17:1-5; 21:1-5; 3. Genesis 32:27,28; 4. Deuteronomy 7:1;
5. Wisdom--Proverbs 1:20-24; 8:1-5; The harlot--Proverbs
7:1-10; 9:13-18; 6. Jeremiah 36:4-8; 45:1; 7. Malachi 3:8-10;
4:1-11; Luke 22:39-46; 9. Matthew 8:1-10; Mark 6:1-6;
8:28-34 (Mark 5:1-17); Matthew 21:18-20; 11.
3:1-21; John 7:50-52; John 19:39-42; 12.
John 8:1-12; 13. Luke
1:1-4; Acts 1:1; 14. Acts 13:4-12;
Acts 13:6-11; 16.
Acts 15:11; 17. Abraham and David--Romans 4; 18. I
Corinthians 1:12; 3:22; 9:5; 15:5; Galatians 1:18; 2:7-14; 19. II
Peter 3:15,16; 20. I John 2:3-6,11,13,14,18,20,21,29; 3:1,2,5,6,14-16,19,20,24;