QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 7:
1. In his defense Stephen traces the history of the
Jews all the way back, beginning with what man?
2. Where did Abraham dwell when God first appeared
to him and called him?
3. Although God promised the land of Canaan to the
seed (descendants) of Abraham, what did He say would happen to them before
they inherited it?
4. God gave Abraham the covenant of circumcision as
a token of His promise, and when Isaac was born, on what day was he circumcised?
5. Who was the father of the twelve patriarchs, the
twelve tribes being named after them?
6. When the babies were cast into the river, probably
what was a factor in Moses be spared and Pharaoh's daughter wanting to
keep him for herself?
7. Give two examples of when Moses was personally
rejected by his Jewish brethren?
8. Who said it and of whom was it said: "A prophet
shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me;
him shall ye hear"?
9. How does Stephen use the word "church" (ekklesia)
in a non-Christian connection?
10. Centuries later why were the children of Israel
carried away into Babylonian captivity?
11. Stephen quoted this Scripture: "Heaven is my throne,
and earth is my footstool," to prove what about God?
12. Stephen concluded his defense by saying, "Ye _______________
and ___________________ in heart and ears, ye do always __________ the
Holy Ghost [Spirit]: as your fathers did, so do ye."
13. Throughout the history of Israel as a people,
what had the Jews done to almost every prophet that God sent unto them?
14. Stephen said these prophets foretold "of the coming
of the Just One [Jesus]: of whom ye have been the ________________ and
15. What does Stephen say as to how the Israelites
[Jews] had received the Law (and not kept it)?
16. What was the immediate reaction of the Sanhedrin
to what Stephen said?
17. Of Stephen's vision of Christin heaven, what is
different in what he saw involving him?
18. "They cast him out of the __________ , and ______________
him: and the __________________ laid down their clothes at a young man's
feet, whose name was ___________ ."
19. What are some of the things Stephen prayed while
he was being stoned to death?
20. What is the literal meaning of the word "martyr"?
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________
ANSWERS: 1. Acts 7:2; 2. Acts 7:2; 3. Acts 7:6; 4.
Acts 7:8; 5. Acts 7:8; 6. Acts 7:18-21; 7. Acts 7:23-29, 39-41; 8. 7:37;
9. 7:38; 10. 7:42,43; 11. 7:47-50; 12. Acts 7:51; 13. Acts 7:52; 14. Acts
7:52; 15. Acts 7:53; 16. Acts 7:54; 17. Christ was standing, not seated--Acts
7:55,56; 18. Acts 7:58; 19. Acts 7:59,60; 20. Witness.